asphalt-proof
Apr 21, 09:47 AM
That isn't entirely true. iPhone 1,1 (and soon iPhone 1,2) users can't run all apps. Anything that requires 4.0 (probably 4.3~5.0 for iPhone 1,2) won't run. Neither will things that require a certain amount of horsepower (say like Infinity Blade).
REALLY? You're going to throw a 3 and 4 year old phone into the argument? Fine. How many old Android phones can run all the available apps. Heck, how many Android phones less than a year old run all the apps available?:rolleyes:
REALLY? You're going to throw a 3 and 4 year old phone into the argument? Fine. How many old Android phones can run all the available apps. Heck, how many Android phones less than a year old run all the apps available?:rolleyes:
coffeeisgood
Feb 16, 02:48 AM
This months wallpaper :)
Rodimus Prime
Apr 27, 10:39 PM
Without even stepping into the whole "they're lying/they're not lying" debate, and since iOS and Android are the only really choices out there, I'm going with the option that doesn't have its sole business model built on knowing as much as possible about me and sharing it with third parties.
To anyone that thinks Google is giving that OS away for free for altruistic reasons, I have a bridge you might be interested in. ;)
So you go with the company that has shown that is will look for any way to make an extra buck.
I trust Google a hell of a lot more than Apple.
Now that Apple is in the ads game I can tell you they will be a lot worse about sharing your data than Google ever was and will be.
To anyone that thinks Google is giving that OS away for free for altruistic reasons, I have a bridge you might be interested in. ;)
So you go with the company that has shown that is will look for any way to make an extra buck.
I trust Google a hell of a lot more than Apple.
Now that Apple is in the ads game I can tell you they will be a lot worse about sharing your data than Google ever was and will be.
kentop2
Nov 2, 06:18 AM
June 21, 2009 the market was closed,
June 19th, 2009 Apple was 139.48, and Netflix was $41.59
May 4th, 2010 Apple was $258.68, netflix was $99.36
June 19th, 2009 Apple was 139.48, and Netflix was $41.59
May 4th, 2010 Apple was $258.68, netflix was $99.36
more...
notromeel
Mar 31, 01:07 PM
Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this, but, while it's a cool demo, I'd probably never use this. The iPad would have to reach at least the amount of control and sensitivity of a Cintiq to make this useful. So it's cool that Adobe is working on it, and maybe with future revs of hardware, the iPad will get to that point (I really hope it does). But it all still seems like finger painting to me until you have control with some sort of drawing utensil. The funny thing is, Steve Jobs - the man who spouts and gushes over creating tools by artists for artists, and - is the one man leading the fight against any sort of stylus for use with the iDevices. While I agree with him on use throughout the iOS interface, all artists are NOT created equal. I've seen fantastic work by some of the guys using their fingers with those paint programs, but I'd say for the majority of artists out there, the real key is going to be getting a stylus that works properly in a drawing or painting app on the iOS.
At the studio I work at, the day the iPad was announced, there were about 40 people that were willing to blow up to $1k on the iPad had it come out with some sort of stylus support - not for interface, but for drawing. These are people that use Cintiqs day in and day out. When the price point of $499 was announced their jaws dropped in unison. SOLD! But when no stylus was announced and when Jobs said "If you are using a stylus, you are doing it wrong", there was a collective sigh and gnashing of teeth. Not a single person purchased one.
So while it was a cool demo, it's still a hard sell to people who do this stuff all day, everyday for a living. Let's see a real stylus for artwork from Apple that is meant to work with the touchscreen on iOS and let's see it blow everything else away!
Until then, maybe this is the best we can hope for.
The Cosmonaut (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/danprovost/the-cosmonaut-a-wide-grip-stylus-for-touch-screens)
I agree with most of what you're saying... but I think it's adobe's goal to push the most creative software on whatever they can. It's Apple's goal to provide the best experience for most people. Way more people are interested in using an iPad without a stylus - why sacrifice all those people for the minority of artists.
You want to draw, grab a wacom and mac.
At the studio I work at, the day the iPad was announced, there were about 40 people that were willing to blow up to $1k on the iPad had it come out with some sort of stylus support - not for interface, but for drawing. These are people that use Cintiqs day in and day out. When the price point of $499 was announced their jaws dropped in unison. SOLD! But when no stylus was announced and when Jobs said "If you are using a stylus, you are doing it wrong", there was a collective sigh and gnashing of teeth. Not a single person purchased one.
So while it was a cool demo, it's still a hard sell to people who do this stuff all day, everyday for a living. Let's see a real stylus for artwork from Apple that is meant to work with the touchscreen on iOS and let's see it blow everything else away!
Until then, maybe this is the best we can hope for.
The Cosmonaut (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/danprovost/the-cosmonaut-a-wide-grip-stylus-for-touch-screens)
I agree with most of what you're saying... but I think it's adobe's goal to push the most creative software on whatever they can. It's Apple's goal to provide the best experience for most people. Way more people are interested in using an iPad without a stylus - why sacrifice all those people for the minority of artists.
You want to draw, grab a wacom and mac.

skunk
Apr 6, 02:21 AM
So why are we so quick to condemn one, yet excuse at any cost the other? Bit of a double standard there.What is your point? Isn't that exactly the view I am supporting, as are Gelfin and LB? :confused:
more...
DIMEZ
Dec 15, 10:29 PM
how do i make my top bar black???
264123
264123
Fishrrman
Feb 22, 09:30 AM
"how can i record multiple channels from a yamaha o1v96 with midi out into my mac with garageband. And be able to mix later."
How many discrete channels do you want to record at once?
I think GarageBand's "limit" is 8 channels simultaneously, though I haven't used it in a while and the most recent versions of GB may be able to do more.
What kind of outputs does the Yamaha mixer have?
How many discrete channels do you want to record at once?
I think GarageBand's "limit" is 8 channels simultaneously, though I haven't used it in a while and the most recent versions of GB may be able to do more.
What kind of outputs does the Yamaha mixer have?
more...
skubish
Sep 24, 05:46 PM
I would tell him how I feel about the situation (either for or against it) but not order him around. After all he is an adult. Also make it clear to him that there are consequences for every decision.
appleguy123
May 5, 07:15 PM
BTO=build to order
more...
darbus69
Apr 30, 07:09 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
starts getting fun now...
starts getting fun now...
Munyak
Apr 7, 07:05 PM
Here they have tons of Batman wallpapers. Just go to Search, and type Batman.
http://wallbase.cc
Awesome website! Thanks so much for this!!
http://wallbase.cc
Awesome website! Thanks so much for this!!
more...
twoodcc
Feb 14, 06:48 PM
Well im at school so it would be using there power :) Do these tasks kinda lock the PS3 down for a specific amount of time or what?
Got PS3 and my MBP running them.
well i'm not sure, but i don't do anything else on my PS3 when it's folding. I stop the folding when i'm using it.
glad you got them both folding! ;)
Got PS3 and my MBP running them.
well i'm not sure, but i don't do anything else on my PS3 when it's folding. I stop the folding when i'm using it.
glad you got them both folding! ;)
skunk
May 6, 01:47 PM
No offence but I think your failing to see the disconnect between my personal position and my historical/political observations.No offence, but if you have two simultaneous positions which are in conflict, you need to make a choice. :)
more...
le sacre
Nov 2, 04:04 PM
May seem like a silly question about the shuffle....but can the 2nd gen Shuffle play gapless if you set it off shuffle and load in a gapless album?
apple says no, and i can confirm this on my new 2nd gen shuffle. there is a slight gap.
apple says no, and i can confirm this on my new 2nd gen shuffle. there is a slight gap.

iNewbie
Oct 4, 10:07 AM
I agree for the most part. It's the same where I work. We had one resident Domino fan (who left us about 8 months ago), and she was the only one in our department who really liked it. Most IT people I know hate Lotus Notes, and our department is no exception. The client is an absolute pain in the ass to contend with. The whole system of IDs and certifiers is a nightmare.
Here are some perfect examples of what's wrong with Domino/Notes.
1. A friend of mine where I work accidentally deleted her Notes ID file one time. (for those of you who don't know, unless you're using the web client, a Notes ID is what stores your personal information [including your password] and you need this to log on to the system). We tried to restore her ID from a backup copy we made when the account was originally created, but it wouldn't work because this copy of the ID was from before she got married, and her name was changed on Domino. The resident Domino fangirl putzed around with it for hours, and could not get it to work. She ended up deleting the account and recreating it, blaming my friend saying "she made a dumb mistake by deleting her ID file." That may have been so, but doesn't it seem a bit ridiculous that there isn't a "Regenerate Notes ID" button in Administrator? Seems like a stupid thing to leave out. So, someone accidentally deletes their ID file (which I'm sure happens at places all the time), you can't regenerate it, and you have to recreate the account? Ludicrous.
2. Or how about the fact that in Domino Admin, I can't change the password in an ID file, so if someone forgets it, they're SOL? As the admin I can't change a password???!!?
3. We've currently got about 5000 users on our student email server. These are iNotes only users -- they don't get ID files and they don't use the Notes client, just web-mail. Domino doesn't provide anyway to track usage of these, only with Notes-ID clients. I've been trying to come up with a way to show how many people are accessing their accounts, and you just can't do it. I've spent hours on the phone with IBM trying to figure this out, and I can't. Their techs don't know how to do it. I'm trying to figure out who hasn't used their account in a year or more so they can be deleted, and IBM doesn't give you any way to track usage through the web client.
Good stuff.
I do have to say though, that although the client is awful and a pain to use, and that users are difficult to administrate sometimes, the server itself holds up pretty well. It really doesn't crash much.
MattG,
Regarding your item #1. Notes is this way because of SECURITY. When an ID is created it contains encryption keys. This is what allows it to communicate with the notes server and also secure data. IF the user chooses to encrypt their data, like e-mail, then without that ID the data is safe. End of discussion. Even the administrator can't get to it. Notes is a highly secure envoirnment. You don't hear stories or people hacking the notes server, or getting spyware, or any of that Exchange business...
Security is the opposite of convenience. Now if the user in question did NOT take advantage of encrypting data then your notes "fangirl" could have simply deleted the user from the address book, created the user again with the same name and it would have worked fine which is what she ended up doing.. The reason why the name change caused a problem is because the backup ID wasn't updated at the same time - which is ok at long as you store your history of changes in the admin4 database. That change was probably very old and purged from the database. Regarding ID's what some companies do - mine included is store all the users ID's with a default password in a secure place - give the users copies and force them to change their password. Obviously there's a huge problem with this. Whoever stores these ID's has the keys to the kingdom - including being able to get to encrypted information. We chose to add some convenience at the cost of security in this case. Certainly the user did NOTHING wrong! One way or the other it should have been a 15 minute fix.
Also there is a built in method for password recovey of notes id file - but I'm more a developer so I haven't messed with that. It does need to be setup ahead of time I think.
Regarding item 3. You can easily see who's accessing a domino server by using the notes log (log.nsf). Wether it's the client or browser all access is recorded. Look under usage by user. Only the people who are using the sever will show up in this list. Typically data is only stored for 5-6 days but this can be changed. You can also go into any database and via the property screen get all the activity detail from there.
Regarding your specific need. You should be able to get a pretty good idea of the last login time of a user in the person documents last updated field. I think that's updated daily.
If you have other questions I highly recommend you head over to www.notes.net. (now called ibm developerworks or something) There are excellent forums there.
Here are some perfect examples of what's wrong with Domino/Notes.
1. A friend of mine where I work accidentally deleted her Notes ID file one time. (for those of you who don't know, unless you're using the web client, a Notes ID is what stores your personal information [including your password] and you need this to log on to the system). We tried to restore her ID from a backup copy we made when the account was originally created, but it wouldn't work because this copy of the ID was from before she got married, and her name was changed on Domino. The resident Domino fangirl putzed around with it for hours, and could not get it to work. She ended up deleting the account and recreating it, blaming my friend saying "she made a dumb mistake by deleting her ID file." That may have been so, but doesn't it seem a bit ridiculous that there isn't a "Regenerate Notes ID" button in Administrator? Seems like a stupid thing to leave out. So, someone accidentally deletes their ID file (which I'm sure happens at places all the time), you can't regenerate it, and you have to recreate the account? Ludicrous.
2. Or how about the fact that in Domino Admin, I can't change the password in an ID file, so if someone forgets it, they're SOL? As the admin I can't change a password???!!?
3. We've currently got about 5000 users on our student email server. These are iNotes only users -- they don't get ID files and they don't use the Notes client, just web-mail. Domino doesn't provide anyway to track usage of these, only with Notes-ID clients. I've been trying to come up with a way to show how many people are accessing their accounts, and you just can't do it. I've spent hours on the phone with IBM trying to figure this out, and I can't. Their techs don't know how to do it. I'm trying to figure out who hasn't used their account in a year or more so they can be deleted, and IBM doesn't give you any way to track usage through the web client.
Good stuff.
I do have to say though, that although the client is awful and a pain to use, and that users are difficult to administrate sometimes, the server itself holds up pretty well. It really doesn't crash much.
MattG,
Regarding your item #1. Notes is this way because of SECURITY. When an ID is created it contains encryption keys. This is what allows it to communicate with the notes server and also secure data. IF the user chooses to encrypt their data, like e-mail, then without that ID the data is safe. End of discussion. Even the administrator can't get to it. Notes is a highly secure envoirnment. You don't hear stories or people hacking the notes server, or getting spyware, or any of that Exchange business...
Security is the opposite of convenience. Now if the user in question did NOT take advantage of encrypting data then your notes "fangirl" could have simply deleted the user from the address book, created the user again with the same name and it would have worked fine which is what she ended up doing.. The reason why the name change caused a problem is because the backup ID wasn't updated at the same time - which is ok at long as you store your history of changes in the admin4 database. That change was probably very old and purged from the database. Regarding ID's what some companies do - mine included is store all the users ID's with a default password in a secure place - give the users copies and force them to change their password. Obviously there's a huge problem with this. Whoever stores these ID's has the keys to the kingdom - including being able to get to encrypted information. We chose to add some convenience at the cost of security in this case. Certainly the user did NOTHING wrong! One way or the other it should have been a 15 minute fix.
Also there is a built in method for password recovey of notes id file - but I'm more a developer so I haven't messed with that. It does need to be setup ahead of time I think.
Regarding item 3. You can easily see who's accessing a domino server by using the notes log (log.nsf). Wether it's the client or browser all access is recorded. Look under usage by user. Only the people who are using the sever will show up in this list. Typically data is only stored for 5-6 days but this can be changed. You can also go into any database and via the property screen get all the activity detail from there.
Regarding your specific need. You should be able to get a pretty good idea of the last login time of a user in the person documents last updated field. I think that's updated daily.
If you have other questions I highly recommend you head over to www.notes.net. (now called ibm developerworks or something) There are excellent forums there.
more...
drinu89
Apr 7, 09:47 AM
I suggest you to save your SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella from now on. Even if you don't jailbreak. But with your SHSH blobs you have the possibility to downgrade. I restored to 4.2.1 myself because of various issues with 4.3+
And it's a pity that few people know about this and a huge fail from apple for not letting iPhone users downgrade their firmware.
If in doubt check this simple tutorial:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=9189
Hope it helps...
And it's a pity that few people know about this and a huge fail from apple for not letting iPhone users downgrade their firmware.
If in doubt check this simple tutorial:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=9189
Hope it helps...

mousouchop
Dec 28, 01:23 PM
Kindle Free 3G + Wifi version... was only expecting the wifi version, and was pleasantly surprised. :)
Other than this... I got a safe and Blur for Xbox 360. Oh, and Santa had my full carry pistol permit delivered in the mail Christmas Eve! (hence the safe)
Overall, good, lean Christmas. I didn't get stuff I didn't need. So glad as to have not had my loved ones waste their money on unnecessary items.
Other than this... I got a safe and Blur for Xbox 360. Oh, and Santa had my full carry pistol permit delivered in the mail Christmas Eve! (hence the safe)
Overall, good, lean Christmas. I didn't get stuff I didn't need. So glad as to have not had my loved ones waste their money on unnecessary items.
OneMike
Feb 11, 08:33 AM
I changed my plan just now. I had the 900 min plan with a-list + unlimited text + unlimited data.
I downgraded to 450 mins + unlimited text and m2m + unlimited data.
90% of my calls are to other mobile numbers so this works out perfect for me.
I'll end up losing a ton of rollover minutes that I would never had used anyway. Too bad you can't donate them or something.
I downgraded to 450 mins + unlimited text and m2m + unlimited data.
90% of my calls are to other mobile numbers so this works out perfect for me.
I'll end up losing a ton of rollover minutes that I would never had used anyway. Too bad you can't donate them or something.
edesignuk
Sep 24, 03:28 PM
I would have to agree with the others, if you "allow" it or not is irrelevant, it's not your call anymore.
iphone3gs16gb
Jan 10, 07:15 PM
The Passat's headlights look like the Accord's...
http://blog.pattypeckhonda.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/2011-Accord-EXL-V6-Sedan.jpg
http://blogs.vw.com/passat/files/2011/01/PAS-12-0187-587x295.jpg
http://blog.pattypeckhonda.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/2011-Accord-EXL-V6-Sedan.jpg
http://blogs.vw.com/passat/files/2011/01/PAS-12-0187-587x295.jpg
Daveway
Feb 14, 10:42 PM
back to the users..
Ahh yes. The ones for whom without, the forums would be nothing. Power to the people. We hold the forums by the balls. If we wish to bring the forum to its knees, we could. If we want to make it the greatest forum on the web, we could. :p ;)
Ahh yes. The ones for whom without, the forums would be nothing. Power to the people. We hold the forums by the balls. If we wish to bring the forum to its knees, we could. If we want to make it the greatest forum on the web, we could. :p ;)
mad jew
Dec 19, 12:08 AM
Neat one. Nice and clean. :)
arn
Oct 31, 10:43 AM
You can remove your recommendation (set the rank to "Del")
It doesn't matter if there's a song with zero recommendations.
Eventually, we can purge them.
arn
It doesn't matter if there's a song with zero recommendations.
Eventually, we can purge them.
arn