Day 26, Zagreb: Hostel Living with the Swedish Bikini Team, or, Non-Ninja Turtles and the Croatian Crime Syndicate

6 October 2008

I guess I spoke too soon on the whole "no more carnal temptation" thing.

Last night, when I arrived in my hostel in Zagreb, what did I encounter but two Swedish girls (yes, Swedish girls) walking around in their underwear, nonchalantly chatting me up about this and that. I say "this and that" because I blacked out and have no idea what we actually talked about. Pillow fights and bikini tours, I imagine.

Typical hostel environment.

Damned Swedes and their casual regard for the human form. Thank God for sleeping pills.

With only an afternoon to kill before I "split" for the coast (you'll get that joke by the next blog post), I duck into a botanical garden near the train station. Pretty cool, actually. I get to play with turtles, despite strict Croatian laws forbidding me to do so.

NO TOUCHING!

I feel like Master Splinter.

Quit playing grab-ass and start fighting some crime, you lazy turtles!

Oh, and I get to see some real-life criminal intrigue. A bunch of cops and reporters are clustered around an old townhouse, where, at least according to the slackjawed gawkers milling about, a "mafioso" is being taken down.

"So, uh, did you see those Swedish chicks from earlier in the blog post? Pretty... pretty... pretty nice! What, that was a good Larry David! You don't watch 'Curb'? You should, it's pretty funny! Shit, here comes the chief, act serious." (Note: This caption funniest when read in thick Eastern European accent.)

Some day, my baby turtles will clean up this town.





###
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...