
gMac
Nov 1, 11:16 AM
Does it come with the new or old earphones?
I called the Applestore before ordering and was told it shipped with the new headphones. I'm going to complain if it comes with the old ones because that is the excuse I used to justify ordering the Shuffle. I had just recieved a Nano as a gift the month before but wanted to upgrade the buds.
I called the Applestore before ordering and was told it shipped with the new headphones. I'm going to complain if it comes with the old ones because that is the excuse I used to justify ordering the Shuffle. I had just recieved a Nano as a gift the month before but wanted to upgrade the buds.

squaredonut
Jan 4, 09:19 AM
I got my new 13" MacBook Pro, but I paid for 4/5 of it. :)

Michaelgtrusa
Oct 9, 02:55 PM
Here is mine. http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelthegeek/5065805210/

gkarris
Apr 4, 12:13 PM
1) It's an early upgrade. Do you really need to upgrade your phone sooner than every 18 months? If you do, that is your decision as a consumer. You certainly have no God given right to a cheap upgrade though. Stop whining.
Well, Apple upgrades every year... ;)
Well, Apple upgrades every year... ;)
more...

timelessbeing
May 1, 09:37 PM
I found a perfect little free Java app. It's called Mix2Stix (http://software.azett.com/index.php?cat=Mix2Stix)
It has a simple, easy to use interface and works on any platform (Windows, Linux, Mac...), with any storage device, and any file type. What more could you want?
It has a simple, easy to use interface and works on any platform (Windows, Linux, Mac...), with any storage device, and any file type. What more could you want?

jsw
Feb 13, 07:40 AM
My sincere congrats to all of the new Mods...
Well, first, I need to point out that that was the single most obvious brown-nosed "welcome" I've seen yet. A true work of art. ;) Yes, I'm sending them all cookies, but you won't see me posting that here. Er... whoops!
Second, welcome back - truly - I know you've been worked to the ragged edge of oblivion, and I hope things get better soon. Please let us know if your interview (I missed the original posts about it a few weeks ago) ends up in an offer. If not, I know one of the next ones will. It's easy to get caught up in wondering about why you're working 72-hour weeks now, but it is just a short phase to help you appreciate even more the much better job which I am certain you'll have very soon.
Well, first, I need to point out that that was the single most obvious brown-nosed "welcome" I've seen yet. A true work of art. ;) Yes, I'm sending them all cookies, but you won't see me posting that here. Er... whoops!
Second, welcome back - truly - I know you've been worked to the ragged edge of oblivion, and I hope things get better soon. Please let us know if your interview (I missed the original posts about it a few weeks ago) ends up in an offer. If not, I know one of the next ones will. It's easy to get caught up in wondering about why you're working 72-hour weeks now, but it is just a short phase to help you appreciate even more the much better job which I am certain you'll have very soon.
more...

mikeschmeee
Apr 19, 05:57 PM
No way to embed a youtube video on this forum which is kind of lame in my opinion but no worries. here is the link for those who are interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbI9bF1DTiY
More photos:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5143/5635638602_7ef879735d.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeschmeee/5635638602/)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5225/5635759032_0696fac333.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeschmeee/5635759032/)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5229/5636149718_ae860c2a87.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeschmeee/5636149718/)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5106/5635669923_ae5495f185.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeschmeee/5635669923/)
Hisdem, is that a Factory Five Racing car?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbI9bF1DTiY
More photos:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5143/5635638602_7ef879735d.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeschmeee/5635638602/)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5225/5635759032_0696fac333.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeschmeee/5635759032/)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5229/5636149718_ae860c2a87.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeschmeee/5636149718/)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5106/5635669923_ae5495f185.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeschmeee/5635669923/)
Hisdem, is that a Factory Five Racing car?
zen.state
Apr 11, 07:09 PM
haha!
all sorted now!! 10.5 (thanks zen.state), extra internal sata cables , graphics card
next stop? PHOTOS
Am in London for a couple of days and will probably be a week before I have everything I need to complete my little MDD. Then I'll tidy up the wiring and get some shots done for you all.
Thanks for all the help along the way boys & girls - I a happy man :apple::p:D
Just wondering why you invested in a video card for a file server or did I miss a post where you said you wanted to do other things? If you are just doing file serving I recommend going headless as it will save power and money.
all sorted now!! 10.5 (thanks zen.state), extra internal sata cables , graphics card
next stop? PHOTOS
Am in London for a couple of days and will probably be a week before I have everything I need to complete my little MDD. Then I'll tidy up the wiring and get some shots done for you all.
Thanks for all the help along the way boys & girls - I a happy man :apple::p:D
Just wondering why you invested in a video card for a file server or did I miss a post where you said you wanted to do other things? If you are just doing file serving I recommend going headless as it will save power and money.
more...

Parrot
Oct 18, 12:25 AM
I'm gonna pick up it up @ The Tech Shop (computer store on campus). I just got a facebook message from them saying they'll have it priced @ $99 for the launch (as opposed to the $116 student price).

iApache
Aug 5, 02:05 PM
in Applications find 'Terminal' and once it is open put this command in there
$ defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES; killall Dock
swap the 'YES' for 'NO' to undo it.
AWESOME!, Thank you so much.
$ defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES; killall Dock
swap the 'YES' for 'NO' to undo it.
AWESOME!, Thank you so much.
more...

obeygiant
Jul 12, 09:55 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3846455.stm
we're witnessing a major paradigm shift in the music industry, to the likes of when television switched from BW to Color.
we're witnessing a major paradigm shift in the music industry, to the likes of when television switched from BW to Color.

Lynxpro
Nov 20, 01:27 PM
If it comes in the tired "Nokia" candybar design, I won't be purchasing it. I absolutely detest candybar designs because I've never had decent reception from any of the models I've had (whether by Nokia or SonyEricsson, for example) regardless of GSM or CDMA support. It wasn't until I acquired my current Motorola RAZR (with T-Mobile) that I've had better reception than what I used to have with the analog Motorola cell phones from the early 90s with CellularOne.
So unless its a flip phone, The Lynxpro ain't a goin' to buy it. But if Apple makes it like a RAZR but with more iTunes/iCal/iSync/iChat capabilities and a 3 megapixel camera, I'll buy one.
While I don't use the SideKick, I think it would be in Apple's best interest to buy Danger and "Apple up" the design. The SideKick is very popular, and it would also help Apple if they were to acquire the company and switch the SideKick's browser over to Safari since the existing Danger browser does account for 1% to 2% of all net surfing currently, and Safari could use an easy increase in usage if for no other reason to prompt various holdout websites to make their designs more standards compliant and reduce the Microsoft lock-in.
I also think Apple should bring out their own branded flash media (which would complement the iPhone or a Danger SideKick acquisition). Its time they started bringing the hurt to SanDisk's native market, and they could do that simply by bundling some free iTunes downloads with the flash products.
So unless its a flip phone, The Lynxpro ain't a goin' to buy it. But if Apple makes it like a RAZR but with more iTunes/iCal/iSync/iChat capabilities and a 3 megapixel camera, I'll buy one.
While I don't use the SideKick, I think it would be in Apple's best interest to buy Danger and "Apple up" the design. The SideKick is very popular, and it would also help Apple if they were to acquire the company and switch the SideKick's browser over to Safari since the existing Danger browser does account for 1% to 2% of all net surfing currently, and Safari could use an easy increase in usage if for no other reason to prompt various holdout websites to make their designs more standards compliant and reduce the Microsoft lock-in.
I also think Apple should bring out their own branded flash media (which would complement the iPhone or a Danger SideKick acquisition). Its time they started bringing the hurt to SanDisk's native market, and they could do that simply by bundling some free iTunes downloads with the flash products.
more...

SciFrog
Dec 24, 04:13 AM
The team who are overtaking us are really strong, most likely dropouts from the big teams. Not much we can do about it. Bigadv is still where the big PPD are, especially now with the 6 cores Xeon, very fast for one CPU packages.

CaptMurdock
Apr 3, 04:16 PM
What icon/theme is that?
Most of them are from the Flurry (http://iconfactory.com/freeware/preview/flrs) set, although I made a few myself in the same style.
Most of them are from the Flurry (http://iconfactory.com/freeware/preview/flrs) set, although I made a few myself in the same style.
more...

Kurt
Jul 9, 07:35 PM
Anyone live in my neck of the woods? I plan on being there around 6 AM.

Mac7
Aug 12, 09:09 AM
am i doing something wrong? why won't my picture show up on here?
more...

JLemm
Apr 3, 11:30 AM
depends on how much dust is in the room when you put the new one on..

dwd3885
Nov 19, 12:48 PM
Is this specific to iPad and iPod? The standard warranty most certainly transfers, since I have bought a Powerbook long ago on CraigsList and used the warranty to get repairs.
Yea, warranties do indeed transfer.
Yea, warranties do indeed transfer.

D4F
Apr 20, 06:25 PM
This is a sandbox with a bunch of kids screaming my dad is better than yours...
Coming here and crying that your device is better you just prove to be absolute idiots. And I'm not talking as from insulting point of view. I'm just stating the obvious which points to the fact that you were born without most braincells needed for basic functions such as common sense. I really want to see the look on your face the day you will realise that.
Coming here and crying that your device is better you just prove to be absolute idiots. And I'm not talking as from insulting point of view. I'm just stating the obvious which points to the fact that you were born without most braincells needed for basic functions such as common sense. I really want to see the look on your face the day you will realise that.
Porco
Apr 30, 07:45 PM
This instantly made me think of Laputa: Castle in the sky [....]
ld go for this over iCloud. It's a brilliant idea to brand a cloud related service as a castle. It just fits. They can even claim that it's "magic as a castle in the sky"
(Movie Spoiler):
As big a fan of the film, and Miyazaki, as I am, I'm not sure the end of the film would make for a good analogy!! 'Store your data with Apple: watch it crumble into the sea or float off into space!' :)
ld go for this over iCloud. It's a brilliant idea to brand a cloud related service as a castle. It just fits. They can even claim that it's "magic as a castle in the sky"
(Movie Spoiler):
As big a fan of the film, and Miyazaki, as I am, I'm not sure the end of the film would make for a good analogy!! 'Store your data with Apple: watch it crumble into the sea or float off into space!' :)
BTW
Mar 25, 07:15 PM
I'd love to see Apple displace Google Maps on their iOS devices. That would be a major blow to Google and a major win for Apple and their iAd product. The more you tie maps into adverts the more personalized those adverts become. The more successful marketing campaigns. Apple can take iAds to the next level. :cool:
sikkinixx
Apr 15, 06:56 PM
Its just their canned introduction....its always like that. While ironic this week, it isnt always ;)
rdowns
May 14, 05:24 AM
MacWorld is held annually in January.
You can expect an update MBP within the next month or so, according to rumors.
You can expect an update MBP within the next month or so, according to rumors.
zwodubber
Apr 4, 06:38 PM
snapped some pics of this beauty on a job site last week, they look so smooth up close.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q283/zwodubber/photo-16.jpg
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q283/zwodubber/photo1-10.jpg
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q283/zwodubber/photo-16.jpg
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q283/zwodubber/photo1-10.jpg
