Random Hip-Hop Beef



I've suspected this battle brewing for a while now, but I think it's time to voice my opinion on the matter.

Once the mastor/apprentice duo of hip-hop, Jay-Z and Kanye West are no longer on the same page, same wavelength and after Kanye's last album, the same planet. Let's examine some recent details:

"You can pay for school but you can't buy class, school of hard knocks I'm a grad and that all blue fitted is my GRADUATION cap" - Jay Z. (shot at Kanye's album Graduation + lack cred/education, etc...)

"I'm tryin to get that Kobe number, 1 over Jordan" - Kanye (Kobe's #24, 1 over Jordan's 23. If Jay-Z is the Jordan of rap, he's trying to beat Jay)

"The realist shit in rap comes from my voice box" - Jay Z. (Shot at Kanye's use of the vocodor)

"Why he’s so mad for, why he gotta have it, cuz I slaved my whole life, now I’m the master" - Kanye (often talks about slaving under Rocafella as a beat maker before getting his chance)

"No one on the corner gotta bop like this, can’t wear skinny jeans cuz my knots don’t fit" - Jay Z. (Shot at Kanye's dedication to fashion and wearing skinny jeans)

and who could forget the Dame Dash comments to BET.com:
(on Big Brother, Graduation)"It sounds like a sneak dis record to me. You gotta understand certain things about Kanye; he doesn't go at things like the average person does, I feel like if he has something to say, he has to pose it in that way or he can't communicate it at all. And that was the only way he could express why he doesn't understand why he's treated that way."

Although neither has commented on their harsh lyrics and when asked Jay-Z says that he sticks behind Kanye regardless of what music he puts out, it all makes for some intriguing drama. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...