Day 11, Berlin: Look Around You, There Are Many Things To See!, or, Ich Bin Ein Freeloader

I've just taken in 6 hours and 24 minutes of beautiful German countryside, and I'm ready to party.

Oh no! I'm out of cash and have no way to get around!

Ha ha! Silly American!

Public transit is free in Berlin! Well, not free in that it doesn't cost anything, but free in that nobody pays for it. It's pretty great.

Keep up the good work!

In other news, I may have finally met some decent Americans. Some SoCal kids (actors, of course) joined me on a hunt for Haus music, and they actually could, like, talk and stuff.

Not that it really mattered. Before making our way to the club (Pittsburghers, take note: they have a Matrix here too, and it's pretty much the same thing), we managed to crash a house party where no one spoke English, but no one seemed to mind. It was really weird; we just moseyed on in, acted like we belonged there, doled out a few high fives, drank their beer, ate their delicious party spread of bread and butter, danced around to the two sweet DJs, then left without saying a word to anyone.

I guess that "Ich bin ein Berliner" shit worked pretty well after all.



My own stab at international diplomacy would have made JFK proud: bolstering U.S.-Denmark relations through a couple of hot Danish chicks, who informed me that Denmark's primary export is shipping equipment, and that its national food is the hot dog (?).

This photo only cost me 60 Danish Krones. Totally worth it!

I even met a nice little gnome called Cedrick on the metro. Pleasant enough guy, but a bit of a talker.

"What do you mean, Gnomes don't ride around on foxes? Poppycock!"


###
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...