Day 12, Berlin: German Girls Are Stiff, or, Give Up The Funk

I have to say, I probably would not recommend the Generator hostel in Berlin to fellow travelers, despite its claim as being "the world's funkiest hostel." Not only is it absurdly large and decidedly unfunky, but it is also full of uppity German preadolescents, stark neon light fixtures, socks with sandals, and cold, indifferent people.

Berlin's Generator Hostel: cold, monolithic, alarmingly short on funk

So I didn't spend much time there. Instead, I opted to aimlessly wander about the city. It's a good thing, too, because I met a girl!

Might I trouble fräulein for ein kiss?

Danke schoen, darling!

She's a bit stiff (she's German, after all), but she rarely wears clothes and is constantly gushing over me.

I don't know if it's going to last, though. Her father is a bit protective, and she's not into traveling.

Not on my watch, Yank.

Love on the road is a slippery thing, indeed.

Confirmed stereotypes:
- Germans are cold, wear socks with sandals

###
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...