Day 19, Prague: Pretty Pictures and Ugly Urges, or, On Art Nouveau and Chicken McNuggets

Today I visit the Mucha Museum. For the plebes reading this, Alphonse (Alfons) Mucha was arguably the father of the Art Nouveau movement, a school typified by colorful ads full of pretty girls suggesting dirty deeds, big hair, and lots of swirly thingies.

Totally asking for it.

Once again, I find the solitude of travel taking its toll. All of these swirly pictures of half-naked women serve as little more than a painful reminder of my own base humanity, completely quashing the inner sophisticate who so desperately wants to appreciate art for art's sake. In short: all I see are boobies and cigarettes.

Don't Bogart that J, lady.

I think I'm going to have to stay away from art museums for a while.

Some food will draw my attention from these evil urges.

Seizing my last opportunity to enjoy traditional Czech fare, I duck into an authentic-looking restaurant and order their incomprehensible lunch special, hoping for something crazy.

Turns out, it's a 5-piece McNugget Extra Value Meal. And it doesn't even come with any dipping sauce.

Could I get some Sweet 'N Sour sauce over here?

That's enough of you, Prague. Off to Vienna, where all the food is miniature and eaten with toothpicks.

Party in a can.

###
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...