Day 16, Prague: Breaking Appliances, or Hand Jivin' All Over Town

As I've been traveling, I've held it in the utmost regard to adhere to the traditions of my host country. I believe it is critical to uphold these customs, no matter how foreign or destructive they may seem.

Here in Prague, for instance, it is a little known but extremely important custom that, when staying as a guest in someone's home, you must sacrifice at least one household appliance to the gods, as a token of remembrance and appreciation.

While it may seem like an inconvenience to the host, it actually serves as a useful souvenir of your stay, while at the same time reminding the host not to open their doors to future freeloaders.

With little choice but to oblige, I decided to break my host's washing machine. This was not in any way because I am retarded and can't grasp the complicated mechanisms of the European-style washing machine. No, it was a sacrifice to the gods, and by God, Diego will remember my stay.


You're welcome, Diego.

Um, what else did I do today?

Ah, yes, I took a visit to Prague Castle. It's all right. Looks kind of like a big church, if I recall.

My history is a bit fuzzy, but I think the Czech Pope lives here.

I drank Absinthe for the first time. Not the most delicious thing I've ever consumed (tastes like licorice and burning), but any drink that involves lighting things on fire is all right with me. I didn't drink enough to hallucinate, unfortunately, but I did feel a bit, shall we say, blurry.

No, the camera is not out of focus. Absinthe actually makes you blurry.

I concluded the day with a jaunt at a few of the local "Disco Bars." I must say, there are some nice looking women in Prague. Sadly, however, the days of Americans being viewed as prized catches for locals have long since passed. But at least I got some nice photos.

Sure, baby, I'm Canadian!

Clubs here aren't much different from clubs anywhere else, save for the fact that the Czechs have a weird obsession with "Grease." I haven't hand jived this much since grade school.*

Crank dat Hand Jive.

*To clarify: for some odd reason, our gym teacher used to make us do the hand jive as a warm-up exercise -- that is, when we weren't doing the Electric Slide.

More tomorrow. Ciao for now.

###
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...